Three forms of head lice:
- Louse is the term used to describe an adult. An adult louse is about the size of a sesame seed and tan to grayish white in color. Adult lice may live up to 30 days on a persons head and the female can lay between 100 to 200 eggs during that lifespan.
- Nit is the term for a louse egg. They are very hard to see and can be confused with hair spray droplets or dandruff. Nits are oval and usually yellow to white.
- Nymph is the term for a newly hatched baby louse. It differs from an adult louse only in size. Nymphs mature into adults in about 7 days.
Shot with a High Powered Intel Play QNX Microscope with 60x and 200x magnification viewing a live louse digesting human blood while sitting on a hair. Length = 4:07 min
Head lice life cycle
- When a female louse finds its way onto the head of a person, she starts laying eggs, or nits, along with a saliva-based glue that firmly attaches the nits to the hair close to the scalp. An adult female can deposit 6-8 nits in 2 days!
- In a week or so, the nits hatch, and the newborn lice nymphs take their first meal of blood from the persons head by attaching itself to the hair shaft, an inch from the scalp.
- It takes about 10 days for a newborn louse to become an adult. Once an adult, the female louse can start laying eggs. This means it only takes 16 days for an egg (nit) to become a female louse capable of laying more eggs! Adult lice live for 9-10 days, making the total life span of a louse from egg to adult about 25 days.
- Nits are the hardest to remove from the hair. You may feel them before you see them. Some people mistake nits for dandruff, but dandruff is larger and white, able to be flicked off with your finger. Nits are tiny and yellowish white and cannot be easily removed from hair.
How lice spread
Head Lice spread when people are in close contact or when they share clothing or personal items that have been in contact with the head or neck. Head lice do not fly or jump; they can only crawl.
Head lice can infest anyone young, old, rich, poor, clean, or dirty! Avoid sharing personal items such as hats, coats, brushes, combs and pillows.
The current poison treatments for lice are not working! Lice Trap Shampoo™ is safe and non-toxic!
Kids are getting "treated" multiple times with poisons that are toxic and hazardous! There are many well documented health problems associated with the synthetic pesticide poisons used to "control" head lice. Any head lice control using dangerous, volatile, synthetic pyrethroids, pyrethrum and/or pipernol butoxide can cause acute or chronic illness, nervous system damage or worse! It also appears that head and body lice are become resistant to these toxins.
- Lice Trap™ Spray Lice Life Cycle: How to Break the Lice Life Cycle.
- Head Lice Myths Exposed: Exposes embarrassing and/or dangerous myths commonly believed about head lice.
- The Facts of Lice: Great for sharing. Print it to distribute to schools, camps or clubs or for your own reference.
- Dangers of Head Lice Pesticides: Why it is so dangerous to use pesticides on your childs head.
- Did You Know? Just how poisonous are those other products? Lice Facts: More little or unknown Lice Facts that you need to know.
- Lice Facts: More little or unknown Lice Facts that you need to know.
LICE TRAP SPRAY™ is a nontoxic, pesticide free product proven to eliminate head lice and their eggs (nits) in just one treatment. This cleansing spray product uses a combination of naturally occurring active enzymes to remove head lice and nits without the risk associated with pesticide poisons. One bottle, used as directed, has been 99% effective in removing the head lice and their nits!
HOW LICE LICE TRAP SPRAY WORKS
Lice Trap Spray Dissolves Nit GLUE! One application of this lice spray gets rid of head lice and the nits because the enzymes in Lice Trap softens the glue that holds the nits to the hair shaft, allowing them to be easily combed and rinsed away. The "resistance factor" never becomes an issue. The head lice and nits are off the head and down the drain in 30 minutes.
- Clinically proven to dissolve nit glue!
- 100% SAFE! NONTOXIC!
- Safe for repeated use. No retreatments - One step process!
- Completely biodegradable upon application.
- Has no residual contamination.
- Safe for people, pets, wildlife and crops.
- Lice CANNOT become resistant to LICE TRAP SPRAY.
- Cost effective - NO RETREATMENTS on same infestation